10th Annual Undergraduate
and Honors Thesis Forum
|URC and Honors Thesis Forum Schedule|
|Oral Presentations||Wednesday, April 20||8AM - 5PM||LBJSC 3-10.1.|
|Oral Presentations||Thursday, April 21||8AM - 5PM||LBJSC 3-10.1.|
|Oral Presentations||Friday, April 22||8AM - 12PM||LBJSC 3-10.1.|
|Poster Presentation & Reception||Friday, April 22||1PM - 3 PM||LBJSC 3-9.1|
Wednesday, April 20 - LBJSC 3-10.1.
- 8:40am – 9:00am RATCLIFF, HOLLY Things and Beings: A Literary Criticism of Objects
- 9:00am – 9:20am MCNAIR, ANDREW Monteverdi’s Spanish Contemporary: Sebastián de Vivanco’s Magnificat Settings at the End of the Renaissance
- 9:20am – 9:40am POMEROY, DONNELL The Colors of Witchcraft: Ideas of Race in the Puritan Theory of Witchcraft
- 9:40am – 10:00am PRICE, REBECCA Identifying and Eliminating Cases of Burnout in Radiation Therapists
- 10:00am – 10:20am GALVAN, MISTI Mother, Mother
- 10:20am – 10:40am CARHART, MACKENZIE Reading the Rings: A Qualitative Study of the Interdisciplinary Significance of Geography Education in the United States
- 11:00am – 11:20am WOODS, BRIAN Bobcat Accessible: An Ethnographic Study of Manual Wheelchair Use as it Relates to ADA Accessibility and Design at Texas State University
- 1:20pm – 1:40pm JOHNSON, CANDACE Avoiding the Inevitable: Overcoming Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in University Athletic Bands
- 1:40pm – 2:00pm CORONADO VIGIL, ASHLEY The Contemporary Battle of Feminism and Rejection of Feminism
- 2:00pm – 2:20pm PINON, ANDREA Blanco River Valley Riparian Restoration Projects: Local Values and Decisions for Riparian Habitat Management Following the 2015 Memorial Day Floods in Wimberley, Texas
- 2:20pm – 2:40pm WICKHAM, KEIMCHE A Correlational Study on the Neurodevelopmental Theories of Human Sexuality
- 2:40pm – 3:00pm YOUNG, DAVID Cyber bullying: Identifying Elements and Boundaries of Effective School Policies
- 3:00pm – 3:20pm MACCROSSAN, ANTONIA Sure Things, Sure Swings and the Kasich Conundrum: Predicting the 2016 Presidential election with Graph Theory
- 3:20pm – 3:40pm QUINCEY, ASHTON History of Red Bull
- 3:40pm - 4:00pm GRESHAM, THOMAS Sunflower: The Final Film by Simeon Wolpe
- 4:00pm - 4:20pm MYERS, SAMUEL Genealogical Research: A Global Impact
Thursday, April 21 - LBJSC 3-10.1.
- 9:00am -9:20am RODRIGUEZ, CAITLIN Covering: The Identity Project
- 9:40am – 10:00am BLYTHE, ISAAC Passing Notion: The Experience of Four Trans* Identified Students and the Violence of Assimilation
- 10:00am-10:20am POHLMEYER, TARA The Importance of Radio During Emergency Situations: 2015 Central Texas Floods
- 10:20am - 10:40am BURNETT, HUNTER An Exploration of The Anti-Hero From Past to Present in Two Cultures: American & Japanese
- 11:00am -11:20am SAENZ, GABRIEL Finding Joaquín The Quest to Enable and Inspire the Pan-Mexican Youth in the Barrios Through Culture
- 11:20am -11:40am MANION, JONATHAN Understanding Underlying Similarities in Civil Rights Philosophies: Surveying the Memoirs of Coretta Scott King, Malcolm X, Anne Moody, John Howard Griffin, and Sara Mitchell Parsons
- 11:40am-12:00pm RIVERA, KAITLYN Fairness: Young Adults or Old Children
- 1:20pm-1:40pm DELEON, PAIGE A Systematic Review of Deep Tissue Oscillation and a Study Proposal of its Effects on Geriatric Bedridden Patients with Lower Extremity Lymphedema
- 1:40pm-2:00pm HALL, JESSICA Traditional Taktakishvilli: Rediscovering the Sonata for Flute and Piano
- 2:00pm-2:20pm ERICKSON, ASHLEY “/r/AmISexy?”: A Content Analysis of the Depiction of Sexual Appeal on the Subreddit “Am I sexy”
- 2:20pm-2: 40pm WALKER, DAVID Zainichi An Analysis of Diasporic Identity in Japanese Film
- 2:40pm -3:00pm GEORGE, TYLER Three by Edward Albee: A Dramaturgical Discussion
- 3:00pm -3:20pm JOHNSON, SEAN SYDNEY Comparing the Role of Communication in Veganism and Vegetarianism
- 3:20pm - 3:40pm SCHOOLER, MARY The Consequences of Violence: An Analysis of the Structural Forces Behind the Spread of HIV and AIDS in Thailand and China
- 3:40pm - 4:00pm CURTIS, SYDNEY No Pressure, No Diamond: A Portrait of the Black Experience in the Texas State University Honors College
- 4:00pm - 4:20pm CHANDLER, CHRISTINA The Relationship Between Music and Language: Can Teaching with Songs Result in Improved Second Language Learning?
Friday, April 22 - LBJSC 3-10.1.
- 8:40am – 9:00am ROLLINS, ADAM Stripes, a Feature-Length Dramatic Film Script
- 9:00am – 9:20am TYLER, STORM “Be Brava”: A Community for Women of Color in Digital Tech Careers
- 9:20am – 9:40am MCINTYRE, EMILY From Cave Paintings to Shakespeare and Back Again: What are Emoji and Should I be Afraid?
- 9:40am – 10:00am FRANKLIN, AMANDA A Plot Against Time: Examining the Human Experience in the Contemporary American Novel
- 10:00am – 10:20am PHILLIPS, JORDAN An Exploration of Foster Care Group Homes through the Perspectives of Social Work Professionals
- 10:20am – 10:40am HAYS, NATALIE Nobody Suspects a Female Inquisition: Gender Representation in Video Games
- 10:40am – 11:00am RODRIGUEZ, CRISTINA Effects of Housing Style on Undergraduate Mental Health
- 11:00am – 11:20am PAUL, PRESTON Give Me a Break: A Critical Comparison of United States Work Policies
- 11:20pm – 11:40pm LUNA, MACKENZIE Stigmatizing Attitudes Towards Mental Illness
- 11:40pm – 12:00pm RODRIGUEZ, KRISTIAN Colores Mexicanos: The Mexican Art Song and Setting Mexican Texts to Music
Friday, April 22 - LBJSC 3-09.1.
Please view the full list of poster abstracts.