Call for Entries
"Reformation: An Exhibit on Justice"
CALL TO ARTISTS
FALL 2017 Exhibition
FALL SHOW DATES: August 28-December 8, 2017
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2017.
Artists (student as well as non-student artists) using all mediums (2D work, 3D work, film, dance, poetry and writing) are invited to submit work relevant to the topic of the need for awareness and reformation regarding the specific justice issues the artist is called to make a statement about.
Some relevant subjects would be racism, conditions of the working class, disparities in power, education, shelter, access to food, mental health services, immigration issues, criminal justice, women’s rights, sexual orientation, subjugating ethnic groups, etc.
This show and call for artists is open to the public and is not exclusively intended for former or current students or service members.
Digital images in addition to Artist Bio, specifications & statement relating to each work should be sent to email@example.com.
Questions can be directed to Gallery Curator, Kelsey Huckaby.
There is no entry fee. The gallery curator and staff will review entries and notify selected artists of acceptance on a rolling basis. Early submission is encouraged. Please note: Each entry will be judged based on the combined strength of the artwork and explanatory statement.
All entries must be submitted digitally according to the following guidelines:
- Entries submitted without a personal statement will not be considered.
- Images must be 150 dpi in resolution and at least 6” along the longest side. Image files will be uploaded via the entry form page and must be named using the convention FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_TITLE.
- Video must be viewable online. Submit URL on entry form page.
- Sound art must be playable online. Submit URL on entry form page. (A high-fidelity recording must be available for exhibition.)
Entries are being accepted in painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, video, sculpture, mixed media, fiber arts, sound art and assemblage.
- All works must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- Selected works must be delivered ready to hang or display.
- All glazing in framed works must be Plexiglas/acrylic.
- No substitutions for works accepted into the show.
- 2-D pieces are limited to a width of 60” and a height of 48” with framing.
- 3-D pieces are limited to a width/depth of 24” and a height of 72”.
- Video and sound pieces are limited to 15 minutes in length.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The Gallery of the Common Experience does not post prices or accept payments for works sold while on display, however we are happy to provide artist contact information to interested buyers. Any works sold must remain in the gallery until the end of the exhibition.
LOAN AGREEMENT SUMMARY
All works will be treated in a professional manner. Artists will be responsible for delivering work on time and in ready-to-hang condition. Artists are responsible for shipping costs and shipping insurance. Gallery will insure works (up to $1500 value) after delivery between stated drop-off and pick-up dates.
DELIVERY & RETURN OF WORK
Accepted works can be delivered at the gallery during the receivership period listed on the schedule. All shipped works must be packaged in a reusable container and received during the receivership period. The gallery staff will be happy to repackage works in the original reusable container. Artists are responsible for picking up works or arranging and paying for return shipping at the conclusion of the exhibition in December 2017. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.388.0537 to discuss details with curator Kelsey Huckaby.