Investigative Questions to Consider
- What are the location types connected to this crime or crime series?
- Where are these locations? Map them!
- What are the distances and travel times between them?
- When did the crimes occur (date, time, weekday)?
- What was the weather?
- How much time was there between crimes?
- How are the crime locations accessed?
- What else is in the general area?
- How might the offender have known of these locations?
- What purpose did the crime locations serve?
- Where is the target group (and where is it not)?
- How much control did the offender have over the choice of crime locations?
- Has displacement (in space or time) occurred?
- What hunting method did the offender use?
- Why these sites and not others?
- What was the offender's likely transportation?