Create a Limit Framework Requisition
- Enter the Transaction Code ME51N.
- SAP will open the Create Purchase Requisition screen. Under the Document Type option, make sure ‘Framework requisn’ is selected.
- Under the Header sections, add a Header Note containing additional information for Purchasing, Accounting, or Central Receiving. If the Header section is not showing, click the icon to the left of the word Header.
- Next open the Item Overview section (click the icon to the left of the words Item Overview). Under the “I”
Column enter “B-Limit” to designate this as a “Limit Framework”.
- Enter the Short Text for the item.
- Enter the item Quantity and Unit of Measure. (The unit of measure has a drop-down menu with available options.)
- Enter the Value Price.
- Check the box in the GR (Good Receipt) column if you will be receiving a tangible item; no good receipt is required for a service.
- Enter the Material Group, you will usually use G1 for Goods, Supplies & Equipment or S1 for Service. Use the drop-down menu for addition Material Group Options.
- Enter the P-Group which will always be CPO.
- Enter the Desired Vendor. Using the drop-down menu you can search for the desired vendor. For instructions how to search for a vendor refer How to Search for an Existing Vendor instructions.
- Enter the Delivery Date.
- Enter 7540 in the POrg column. 7540 will always be used as the POrg number.
- Enter the Storage Location. Use the drop-down menu to select the storage location if you do not know the short-name for the location.
- Verify that under the Plant column the words “Texas State University–SM” are in the cell. Plant will always be “Texas State University–SM”.
- Enter the Tracking Number. Most enter their initials and the current date.
- Enter the Requisitioner. The requisitioner is the person for whom the item is being requested. (If you have more then one item, move down to the next line and repeat steps 4–17.)
- Click the Check icon, SAP will check your requisition for errors and bring up the item details menu. Correct any errors then move to the next step.
- Click the Account Assignment tab.
- Enter the GL, Cost Center, and Fund. Click the icon to the right of each cell to open the search box.
- If you need to enter any additional information needed for the vendor, click the Text tab. The text you enter here will not print out on the Purchase Order.
- Click the Check icon again to insure that are no errors.
- If there are no errors, click Save.
- After you have saved, the Requisition number will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.