NOTE: You will only need to enter data in the asset class, description, cost center, and fund fields to create an asset.
- Enter Transaction Code AS01.
- Click “Enter”.
- Enter “Asset Class”. (For example: Asset Class 4500 for Computer Equipment Controlled)
- Enter description under the “General Tab”.
- Click on the “Time-Dependent Tab”.
- Enter the “Cost Center”. (NOTE: This field is under the “business Area” section)
- Enter the “Fund Number”. (NOTE: You may need to scroll down if the fund field is not initially visible. The “Fund” field is under the “Personnel Number” field.)
- Click “Enter”. Other Field will be derived.
- If the “Functional Area” is not derived, do not click save. Research the cost center/fund combination. “Functional Area” is under the “Fund” field.
- If the “Functional Area” is derived, click “Save”. SAP will show the new asset number.