Harnessing the River of Power
Hosted by Texas State University
Thank you for your interest in the 2017 TWHE annual conference!
Dates: April 2-4, 2017
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Conference Hotel: Embassy Suites San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center. The TWHE room block at the conference rate is sold out. Rooms may still be available at a different rate. Click here for other hotel options.
Pre-Conference events begin on Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 3:00 p.m with a career building workshop, followed by an optional dinner and informal reception that evening. The conference sessions begin on Monday, April 3, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. and conclude on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.
Registration Options (participation open to all)
- Pre-Conference Workshop, "Finding Flow: Aligning Your Career With Your Values" on Sunday, April 2, 2017 (register on/before March 10, 2017) - $35.00
- Institutional Representative (IR) Meeting and Dinner on Sunday, April 2, 2017 (register on/before March 10, 2017) - $50.00
- Conference Registration (register on/before March 10, 2017) - $200.00
- Late Conference Registration (register on/after March 11, 2017, including on-site registration) - $225.00
Online payments can be made following the submission of the online conference registration form. If any documents need to be faxed, please send them to 512-245-8934 or they can be emailed to email@example.com.
For mailed payments, please make the check payable to Texas State University and send to:
Texas State University
Office of Distance and Extended Learning
ASB North 302
601 University Dr.
San Marcos, TX 78666
To register, please begin by completing the 2017 TWHE CONFERENCE FORM.
We also welcome "walk up" registrations during the event. TWHE is grateful to Texas State University for providing conference registration services.
TWHE Conference Registration Refund Policy:
Cancellation requests must be made in writing and received by Texas State University by Monday, March 13, 2017 and are subject to a $25 cancellation fee. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellation requests received after March 13, 2017, and no-shows are not eligible for refund. Refunds will be issued within 45 days of the conference's conclusion.
Finding Flow: Aligning Your Career With Your Values
In this interactive workshop, you will identify and define the most important core values in your life. Understanding your values can aid you in determining your career path, deciding on a career opportunity and identifying what areas of your career are in alignment and out of alignment. This workshop will be empowering and attendees will leave with action items to make positive changes in their career choices and opportunities. Presented by Amy Wolfgang, Founding Partner, Coaching 4 Good.
Sponsor the TWHE Conference
TWHE is pleased to welcome and recognize all conference sponsors. This support enables TWHE to offer the conference at a reasonable rate and conduct association-related activities across the state throughout the year. Sponsorships are available at the following levels:
Diamond - $1,500 and above
Gold - $750
Silver - $500
Bronze - $250
For mailed payments, please make the check payable to Texas Women in Higher Education and send to:
Dani Day, TWHE Treasurer
3452 Spur 399
McKinney, TX 75069
To complete your sponsorship payment with a credit card, click HERE.
TWHE Leadership Development Grant
Applications due March 1, 2017
TWHE is pleased to announce a new initiative designed to support women in higher education in Texas as they pursue opportunities for advancement and professional growth. The TWHE Leadership Development Grant program utilizes a cohort and mentoring approach while recipients complete a project designed to advance their professional goals. Recipients are recognized in various TWHE communications and report on their projects at a subsequent TWHE annual conference. All women are invited to apply.
Up to 10 grant recipients will:
- With support from TWHE mentors, complete projects designed to advance professional goals and growth
- Meet at the 2017 annual conference to discuss professional growth projects and network with TWHE board members and other grant recipients
- Receive reimbursement up to $500 for expenses associated with attending the 2017 TWHE annual conference
- Provide a summary of completed projects for dissemination to the TWHE membership
Applications will be assessed on five criteria:
- Overall quality of application (completeness, clarity)
- Candidate’s desire to grow professionally in light of TWHE’s vision to transform higher education leadership in Texas and beyond
- Candidate’s proposed project and expected outcomes
- Feasibility of proposed project
- Financial need
To download the TWHE Leadership Development Grant application, click HERE.
For more information about TWHE’s vision, mission and strategic priorities, please visit: http://www.twhe.org/about-texas-women-in-higher-education/
For more information about the grant program, please contact Renee McDonald at Southern Methodist University: email@example.com or (214) 768-1128.
Texas Women in Higher Education's Facebook page is live!