EMT Training Program
Start Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2018
- Clinicals begin on September 27, 2018
- Classes meet on Tuesday & Thursdays from 6-10pm.
- Program ends on December 6, 2018
Cost: $1,400.00 - the cost includes:
- Use of training aids, instruments, and equipment.
Location: San Marcos Hays County EMS, San Marcos, Texas
We are pleased to partner with San Marcos Hays County EMS to offer this valuable training program!
The EMT program consists of both lecture and hands-on laboratory instruction which follows curriculum developed in accordance with standards established by the National Registry of EMTs, National Association of EMS Physicians, and the Texas Department of State Health Services.
The course curriculum will consist of:
- Basic Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic Life Support methods for airway management, patient assessment, treating patients with medical and traumatic emergencies, and treatment and care of infants and children.
- Overall EMS operations.
- 144 classroom hours
- 48 field internship hours
- 24 clinical internship hours
Upon successful completion of the course, graduating students will be eligible to sit for the National Registry of EMTs EMT certification examination.
Criminal History - Participants cannot have any felony charges, any misdemeanors of class B or higher, or any offense of a violent or sexual nature. If you have specific questions or concerns about your criminal history, please contact Cody Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immunizations - Participants need to have the following before clinicals begin:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Hepatitis B
- Annual Influenza
- TB skin test - this will be completed during the program
- 10-panel drug screen within 2 months of the beginning of clinicals
Age Requirement - Participants must be 18 years of age, or turning 18 before the beginning of the clinical internship period.
Registration is now open. Classes are limited to 30 participants, so register early!
Tuition refunds will be issued on the following refund schedule. All course drops and refund requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- 100% refund - fourteen (14) or more calendar days prior to first class day.
- 75% refund - within fourteen (14) calendar days leading up to first class day.
- 25% refund - during the first four (4) class days.
- 0% refund - after the fourth (4th) class day.
If you have questions regarding the content or requirements of the program, please contact San Marcos Hays County EMS at 512-353-5115, and please select the option for the Training Department.
If you need assistance with the registration and payment processes, please contact the Office of Distance and Extended Learning at 512.245.2507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.