In association with:
San Marcos Gentle Dental
1337 Thorpe Lane, San Marcos, TX 78666
Saturdays only - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Total cost for single payment option: $2,695.00
Total cost for two-payment option: $2,725.00
Each class is limited to the first 16 students that register.
2017-2018 class dates - Classes begin on:
- September 9, 2017 - CLASS IS FULL!
- January 20, 2018 - registration to open in October 2017
- April 2018 - exact day TBA
Participants will be trained in a practicing dental office - not a classroom - and acquire the skills needed to perform dental assistant duties in 10 weeks, using the latest equipment and techniques.
Dress Code: Scrubs and clean tennis shoes are required.
The tuition fee includes all of the following:
- Text: Essentials of Clinical Dental Assisting and work book with CD
- All training and visual aids, materials and dental supplies used in the clinical training
- Use of all equipment and instrumentation during the course of study
- Use of x-ray equipment, x-ray film and related materials
- Clinical experience working with real patients
- Certificate of completion
- Classes are conveniently offered on Saturdays enabling you to maintain your current job while training for a new career.
- Course is taught in a practicing dental office.
- Subjects are covered in depth from a practical clinical experience.
- Training is hands-on with all equipment, materials, and instruments.
- While enrolled in the dental assisting course, students have the opportunity to observe Dr. Donnelly and staff during clinical treatment of patients.
- After successfully completing the dental assistant course, students can take the online state registration exam to become a registered dental assistant. More detailed information about becoming a Registered Dental Assistant in the State of Texas is provided during the first day of class.
Two-Payment Registration Option - Policies and Information
Students will have the option to register for the Dental Assistant Training Program and pay the total cost in two payments. This first payment will be due at the time of registration and the balance will be due prior to the start of the fifth scheduled class meeting. A $30.00 fee will be assessed to those that choose the two-payment option. A $25.00 fee will be imposed if the second payment due date is missed. Note, failing to make the second payment by the due date will be considered a withdrawal. The two-payment option can be selected on the program application.
Total Due at Registration (before 1st class day): = $1,647.00
Total Balance Due (2nd payment) prior to fifth scheduled class meeting: = $1,078.00 - PAY HERE
Late Fee Payment (if applicable): Pay late fee HERE.
Students must submit, in writing to Continuing Education, a request to withdraw from the program prior to the first scheduled class meeting in order to be eligible for a refund, less a 10% cancellation fee. There are no refunds after the first class begins.
How to Apply and Register
In order to register for this course, you must be activated in the Texas State University Student Information System.
Please begin by completing and submitting the online Dental Assistant Training Program application via the button below. You will receive an email within 5 business days with instructions on how to register and pay for your course.
The September class is full! Please check back in October when registration will open for the January 2018 class.
Required Program Policy Form (1st Class Day)
Once officially registered, please print, complete and submit the form below to one of your instructors during the first scheduled class meeting.
Completion of our Dental Assistant Training Program is posted to an official Texas State University transcript.
For additional information or to request a transcript, please contact the Office of the University Registrar.
Important Tax Information and 1098T Forms
The 1098T form is generated for our Dental Assistant Training Program.
For more information, please visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/taxservices.html.
If you have any questions regarding charges you have paid for your Continuing Education course(s), please seek advice from a tax professional.