Gottman Level 2 Training Course
Dates: June 21-24, 2018
Location: Texas State University Campus, San Marcos
On-campus location: Evans Liberal Arts (ELA) Building, Room # 229
Course Instructor/Proctor: Dr. Paulina Flasch, Assistant Professor, Department of Counseling, Leadership, Adult Education, and School Psychology
Refund Policy: Once registered, there are no refunds for this training program.
- Participants must have already completed the Level 1 training.
- This training is only available to current Texas State students, alumni, and faculty members of the Professional Counseling Program.
The Gottman Couples Therapy Level 2 is video-based training. During this training, participants will learn how to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
The deadline for registering is Thursday, June 7, 2018.
Information and Assistance
For questions regarding the instruction, proctoring, or content of this training, please contact Dr. Flasch at email@example.com.
For assistance with the registration or payment processes, please contact the Office of Distance and Extended Learning at 512-245-2507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.