Course Cost: $150.00
The goal of this course is to provide pertinent information on the major interior elements of a house and associated components; and to aid the home inspector in evaluating the condition of interior elements commonly encountered during a home inspection.
Upon completion of this course the inspector should be able to:
- Identify and describe:
- floor, wall and ceiling finishes
- stairs and stair components
- doors and windows
- major kitchen appliances
- Inspect listed interior elements in accordance with home inspection industry standards.
- Determine the physical condition of listed interior elements.
- Understand the common concerns and issues related to interior elements.
- Identify the presence of common deficiencies found on the interior of a house.
- Assess the significance of observed defects.
- Utilize common reporting approaches to inform a homebuyer of inspection findings.
Other elements and issues that are sometimes considered as part of the interior elements of a house (e.g., garages, attics, basement, and water penetration conditions) are covered in the Exterior Element and Structural Systems Courses.
Continuing Education Credits:
· National Association of Home Inspectors - 10 CEU
· Mississippi Home Inspector Regulatory Board - 15 CEU
· Connecticut Home Inspection Licensing Board - 10 CEH
· Oregon Construction & Contractor's Board - 10 CCB
· Florida Association of Building Inspectors - 10 CEC