If you have an event that is open to the public, here are ways to publicize your event:
1. Post a calendar item on the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce Web Calender. Call the Chamber at 393-5900 for more information.
2. Post a calendar item on the City of San Marcos Community Web Calendar. Call the City's Communications Manager at 393-8000.
3. Submit a calendar item, press release or ad to the San Marcos Daily Record. Two-weeks in advanced is recommended. Call the Daily Record at 392-2458 for more information.
4. Submit a flyer to be delievered to a certain school, grade or age within the San Marcos CISD. Prior approval is required, from Iris Campbell at 512-393-6768, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Send invitations to local elected officials and city leaders. Download a list of addresses from the Community Relations website in the Community Links section. Call the Office of Community Relations at 245-9645 for more information.
6. Request a Mayoral Proclamation for your program/event. Currently, the Mayor makes proclamations on the first and third Mondays in the month at 4 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers. This is also televised on the community local channel. Call the Office of Community Relations at 245-9645 for more information.
7. Submit a PSA to be placed on the community station on Time Warner Cable-San Marcos. The form must be completed online. Please follow the link above.
8. Submit a PSA to be placed on the community station on Grande Communications. Click on the Grande link to see the form.
9. Submit an ad for the TxTv Channel that is available to all cable subscribers. Contact the Instructional Technologies Support Department at 245-2319.
10. Invite local churches and civic service clubs. Contact and mailing information found on the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce website.
11. Send flyers to United Way of Hays County Partner. Contact and mailing information found on UWHC.
12. Place flyers in the lobby of the San Marcos Activity Center (512-393-8000), 501 E. Hopkins Street, and at the San Marcos Public Library (512-393-8200), 625 E. Hopkins St. An approval stamp from the main desk is required.
Any questions? Contact the Office of Community Relations at 245-9645 or email email@example.com for more information.