1. Know where you are going.
• If possible, make a phone call before you leave for the destination. Receive detailed directions and parking information. Call the Texas State Visitor Center at 512-245-8871 for further information.
• If you just want to visit campus, a good starting point is to park in the LBJ Student Center Parking Garage and proceed to the Visitors Center on the 3rd floor. Click here for directions.
2. Be aware of parking restrictions.
• There are several locations throughout campus designated for visitor/guest parking. These include metered spaces, the LBJ Student Center Garage, and spaces near the Alumni House, Admission Office, and the River House.
• The LBJ Student Center Parking Garage and coin-operated metered spaces are provided for use by visitors to the Texas State campus. These spaces are located conveniently throughout campus. Parking in lot and street spaces other than those designated for "Visitors" is reserved for use by Texas State students, faculty, and staff who have purchased a permit to park in a specific area. To avoid receiving a ticket, please use the designated visitor spaces.
• Official Guests of Texas State can request a Guest permit through their campus host. The permit allows parking in any legal non-reserved space on campus. Other special parking arrangements can be made by the host through parking services when required. Any Texas State faculty, staff, student, or university organization who plans to invite a guest (or guests) to campus in a business or official capacity must contact Parking Services to make arrangements in advance of the visit. Contact parking services at 512-245-2887 for more information.
3. Event Parking
• Fine Arts and Athletics events have designated parking areas. To ensure you park in the ‘safe’ zone, contact the offices to verify parking. Fine Arts: 512-245-2308 Athletics: 512-245-2272
• Special events will have signage to better direct you.
4. Know the policies.
• Smoking is permitted outside buildings in open areas provided that it is not within 20 feet of a building entrance, open window or air intake.
• Pets are not allowed in Sewell Park.
• Alcohol: Learn about the rules from the Alcohol and Drug Resource Center.
• Solicitation: Learn about rules and regulations at the Campus Activities website.
5. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
• Texas State is known for its hills. It’s advised to wear good walking shoes and comfortable clothing. In the summer, bringing a bottle of water is recommended.
6. Research on-campus construction.
• Familiarize yourself with construction projects that may effect your bus and walking routes, parking and some road closures. more...