Ways to recruit TxSt volunteers:
1. Post your event on the Texas State Student Volunteer Connection website.
- To register:
- Register your agency/school/group online by clicking on the Agency Login link located on the bottom right of the home page.
- Click on Login Here.
- Click on Register and fill in the information requested.
- Click on Save.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your registration has been approved. Call the SVC office at 245-1687 if you have any question.
- To post an event to recruit TxSt volunteers:
- Login at the Agency Login link located on the bottom right of the home page.
- Click on Calendar - Add an Event link located on the right on the page.
- Enter date and time and type of event.
- In the Event Title field, enter name of event, date and time.
- Enter description in description field.
- Click on Save Event.
- SVC staff will approve and post your volunteer reqest on the SVC Calendar.
2. Submit flyers to be posted in high traffic areas on campus.
- Create and submit a flyer with detailed information and contact numbers to the SVC office. Officers of the SVC Student Organization will post the flyers around campus.
- Flyers can be posted no more than 2-weeks prior to the event.
- Call the SVC office at 245-1687 for more information.
3. Tips on recruiting TxSt volunteers:
- Include the Event Name, date and time in the Event Title Field.
- Be specific in the Description Field. Include:
- What they will be doing
- Who the contact person is
- Who and how do they sign up
- What do they need to wear (old clothes, closed-toe shoes)
- What is the audience - age group, organization
- Why this event is important
- Parking information
- Divide sign up times into 2-hour shifts
- Will lunch or refreshments be provided
- Do the volunteers have to fill out a police check
4. Target a specific interest group or organziation:
- Find an organization to help your event
- Visit the Student Organizations website.
- Click on SEARCH registed orgs link located on the left of the page
- Search by name, type or display all registered organizations.
- Click SEARCH
- From the generated list, click on an organization to retrieve contact information.
- Email the organization directly requesting volunteers.
5. Participate in Bobcat Build:
- Bobcat Build is the one-day service event in the spring where 3,000 TxSt students, faculty and staff go out into the community to complete a project.
- Visit the Bobcat Build website or call the Office of Community Relations at 245-9645 for more information.
6. Host a booth at the annual Volunteer Fair
- Each fall, the Student Volunteer Connection hosts a Volunteer Fair to allow local agencies and organzations a chance to come face-to-face with Texas State students to recruit potential volunteers.
- Contact the Student Volunteer Connection at 512-245-1687 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.