Market your Business to the Texas State Community 2013/2014
1. Provide 5,000 business fliers to be included in the PAWS Preview goodie bags. All new students (freshman and transfers) will receive a PAWS Preview Goodie Bag. Please deliver flyers to the Office of Community Relations at River House by Thursday, August 8, 2013. Fliers must offer free items or discounts for students.
2. Allow student organizations to decorate your storefront windows at Homecoming, October 26, 2013. Call Campus Activities at 245-3219, or and student organizations for more information.
3. The “Texas State Showdown” allows pizza vendors to showcase featured menu items and compete for title of “The Best of the Best” as part of Boko’s Block Party, August 19 at 4:00-7:30 pm in the LBJ Student Center Mall. For more information call CASO at 512-245-1635, or visit www.lbjsc.txstate.edu/caso.
4. Offer discounts to university staff. Your business will be listed on the "Staff Perks" webpage. For more information, head to www.staffcouncil.txstate.edu, or email StaffCouncil@txstate.edu.
5. Use Jobs4Cats to post job and internship openings at your business. For assistance, go to www.careerservices.txstate.edu or call 512.245.2645
6. Sponsor a San Marcos CISD sixth grade classroom on a higher education awareness field trip to Texas State. Visit “your” class and be recognized as a sponsor. For more information, call Community Relations at 512-245-9645.
7. Have a booth on the Quad to hand out materials or sell merchandise to students, or post flyers in high traffic areas. Prior approval and fee from CASO is required. Call CASO at 245-3219 for more information or learn more about campus solicitation at www.lbjsc.txstate.edu/caso.
8. Support Texas state athletes by becoming a sponsor for the Athletic Department. Call the Athletic Marketing Department at 245-2114, and for Tailgate information call 245-1274.
9. Become a sponsor of Bobcat Build the university’s largest service event, and have your business listed on the back of the event t-shirt. 3,000 students will receive a t-shirt and wear it year round. For more information, call Bobcat Build at 245-4245, or visit www.bobcatbuild.txstate.edu.
10. Advertise through campus media sources: University Star (student newspaper), email@example.com or call 245-3487 or KTSW (student radio station), firstname.lastname@example.org or call 245-3816.
11. The Bobcat Tram provides affordable on-bus advertising for businesses to reach the student demographic in the San Marcos area. For details, go to www.tram.txstate.edu, or call 512-245-6799.
Texas State University Office of Community Relations.
(512) 245-9645 * Fax (512) 245-7972