Research and Announcements
Stephanie Kneedler, School Psychology Intern and Outstanding Graduate Student
Congratulations to Stephanie Kneedler, School Psychology Intern and Outstanding Graduate Student at the master/specialist level for the College of Education at Texas State! Stephanie is completing her internship in Round Rock ISD.
At the January board meeting of the Texas Association of School Psychologists, the Texas State University School Psychology Program was well represented.
School Psychology student named Outstanding Graduate Student
Kayla Jones was awarded Outstanding Student at the Specialist Level at the 2014 Texas Association of School Psychologists conference in Las Colinas. At the award ceremony, she was described as outstanding due to her competencies, professional growth and dedication, interpersonal skills and commitment to the field of school psychology.
Texas State School Psychology Program Receives Department of Education Grant
Dr. Cynthia Plotts, Professor of School Psychology in the Department of Counseling, Leadership, Adult Education, and School Psychology, is the Principal Investigator (Project Director) for Project SUPERB (Scholars Using Psychology and Education to Reach Bilinguals), a project recently awarded a five-year $1.05 million grant by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs.
Project SUPERB will prepare a total of 24 fully-credentialed, high-quality bilingual school psychologists to improve teaching and learning by ensuring that language differences and assessment of the need for special education services are competently assessed for the purpose of appropriate educational interventions.
Other CLAS faculty involved in Project SUPERB include:
- Co-Principal Investigator – Dr. Jon Lasser, Professor of School Psychology
- Co-Principal Investigator – Dr. Desiree Vega, Assistant Professor of School Psychology
- Scholar Coordination & Supervision – Dr. Laurie Klose, Associate Clinical Professor of School Psychology
- Practicum Coordinator – Dr. Paul Jantz, Assistant Professor of School Psychology
- Field Supervision – Dr. Mike Garcia and Dr. Rachel Robillard, Adjunct Professors of School Psychology
- Consultant – Dr. Robert Reardon, Associate Professor of Adult Education
Congratulations to Dr. Plotts and the entire Project SUPERB team!
Texas State at NASP in D.C. 2014
Eighteen students and five faculty members from Texas State attended the 2014 NASP convention in Washington, D.C. (perhaps our greatest turnout ever). Below are presentations by our faculty and staff: