Please be sure to read our FAQ about admissions. For questions about application materials or to determine whether your application is complete, please contact Elaine Webb via email or 512-245-3083. For more general questions about the program, please contact a faculty member.
Application Deadline: Feb 15 (please note that we no longer accept for Spring admission)
The first step is to complete an application online at ApplyTexas. After that's complete, you must upload your statement of purpose to GADU (Graduate Admissions Document Upload system). You will then need to log in to GADU and enter the names and email addresses of your recommenders. The system will then generate an email to the recommenders requesting a recommendation.
Review of applications begins on deadline date; please have all materials submitted to Graduate College two weeks prior to deadline to ensure receipt.
3 Reference Letters: You must enter the names and email addresses of your recommenders GADU. These individuals will receive an email asking them to write a letter of recommendation to be appended to your application.
Documentation of undergraduate prerequisites;
- Abnormal Psychology (or equivalent course)
- Developmental Psychology (or equivalent course such as Lifespan Development)
- and Statistics (or equivalent course)
Statement of Purpose: Upload to GADU a typed, 2-3 page, double-spaced statement that addresses the following:
- Your professional goals.
- Why you are pursuing training in School Psychology rather than in other mental health disciplines (e.g. school counseling, clinical psychology, marriage and family counseling).
- Considering your total application, what are your major strengths and weaknesses with respect to the School Psychology program.
- Please address any elements of your application that do not meet the preferred criteria (e.g., GRE score, grade point average, etc.)
Your Statement of Purpose will be evaluated for content, style, and quality.
Admission requirements for School Psychology Program:
- Acceptance into Texas State Graduate College AND the TxState School Psychology Program
- GRE Score: An official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score to be submitted prior to admission consideration with a preferred score of 291 with no less than 150 on the verbal section and 141 on the quantitative section. If you took the GRE prior to the new examination, a preferred score of 900 (verbal and quantitative combined) will be considered.
- GPA (last 60 hours of bachelor's degree): 3.0 (Preferred)