2013 Education and Community Leadership Conference
Join the Conversation
Thank you all once again for making the 2013 Education and Community Leadership Conference such a success!
No EDCL Conference will be held in 2014
Information about our Conference:
Conducted at the beautiful LBJ Student Center on the Texas State University campus, this one-day conference provides practicing and aspiring school and community leaders an opportunity for nurturing, professional growth, and networking.
Sessions are planned and designed with the unique needs and roles of PK-12 administrators and campus leaders, as well as community leaders in mind. Participants will receive six hours of credit toward State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) professional development requirements for administrators.
Who should attend:
- PK - 12 Assistant Principals
- Teachers and Curriculum Leaders
- District Level Personnel
- Educational Professionals
- Community and Non-profit professionals
- University Faculty
- Engaged Youth
- Community Members
Why should you attend:
- Explore concepts of education, leadership and the art of leadership and how they affect you, your school and your community
- Meet other professionals who are engaged in creating dynamic educational spaces that engage all stakeholders
- Share your lessons of leadership and community as an educational professional
- Discover the intersections of community, leadership and language in your educational settings
- Learn from diverse professionals presenting on a variety of topics
- Understand the importance of language, policy and practice in our educational and community settings