Welcome to the Office of Audits and Analysis Home Page
Welcome to the Office of Audits and Analysis home page for Texas State University. Our mission is to provide the Texas State University System (TSUS) Board of Regents, the Chancellor, the System Office, and institutional management with independent, objective evaluations regarding risk management, internal controls, and governance processes. Our Office assists all levels of management in achieving goals and objectives, identifying and addressing risks, continuously improving processes and operations, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We are a unit of the System Office of Audits and Analysis in Austin, Texas, which reports directly to the Finance & Audit Committee of the TSUS Board of Regents.
The TSUS Rules and Regulations describe the responsibilities of the audit function, which include:
- Developing a risk-based annual audit plan
- Executing audits
- Reporting on open audit issues to the Board of Regents
- Investigating allegations
- Liaising with external audit entities
The work performed by our Office is governed by the following:
- The International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), promulgated by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Government Auditing Standards, promulgated by the U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Texas Government Code, Section 2102
- TSUS Rules and Regulations