Students must sign up for six hours.
• Conlee: ANTH 3326 Maya History and Society (3 hours)
• Erhart: ANTH 3348 Rainforest Ecology (3 hours)
Classes will meet from May 20-24, May 28-31 and June 3 on campus and from June 6-19 in Belize
Course Activities Include:
• Learn about the ancient Maya and go on visits to sites in Belize (Altun Ha, Caracol, Cahal Pech, Xunantunich, and Actun Tunichil Muknal) and Guatemala (Tikal)
• Excursions into the rainforest to learn about rainforest ecology and to observe howler monkey troops
• Students will visit local communities to learn about the rainforest conservation methods enacted by Belizeans
Cost for each participant is $3375.00*. This price includes:
• Six credit hours of tuition
• All lodging and some meals
• All ground transportation
• Excursions and admissions to all scheduled activities
• Office of Study Abroad application fee ($200, non-refundable)
• International health insurance
*Program fees do not include airfare to Belize and cost is subject to change.
This program is limited to 10 students. To apply, contact either Dr. Conlee or Dr. Erhart via email by December 3. Students will be notified of acceptance by December 14. Once accepted, students then contact the Office of Study Abroad to complete the application process. See the Study Abroad website for scholarship information.
Scholarships are available for qualified students. For more information or to apply, contact the Office of Study Abroad.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Christi Conlee
Dr. Beth Erhart
Isis De La O
Office of Study Abroad - 344 W. Woods St. (512-245-1967) www.studyabroad.txstate.edu