|Christmas Star on old water tower|
|Victory Star on top of Jackson Hall|
Students first saw the Victory Star on campus in December 1936. It was placed as a Christmas decoration on top of a 50,000-gallon water tower near where the Chemistry Building stands today. After the holidays, the star was taken down and put away.
Then in 1942, a night watchman found it. He again placed the star on the water tower, and he turned it on when the Bobcats won football games, creating a new tradition.
When the water tower was replaced, the star tradition was moved to Jackson Hall, the tallest building on campus. A local sign maker built a new star for the top of Jackson Hall, where it stands today, and it can be seen from miles away when the Bobcats win an athletic victory or during graduation.