Skip to Content

Fighting Stallions

statue of stallions fighting

The Fighting Stallions statue is located on the west end of the Quad in the plaza between Derrick Hall and Evans Liberal Arts Building. The 17-foot-high sculpture was a 1951 gift from noted sculptor Anna Hyatt Huntington and husband Archer Huntington of South Carolina. Texas State students have made it a tradition to rub the stallions before exams for luck.